- List of CHI Books
- User's Guide to SWMM5
- Rules for Responsible Modeling
- Pragmatic Modeling of Urban Water Systems - Monograph 21
- On Modeling Urban Water Systems - Monograph 20
- Cognitive Modeling of Urban Water Systems - Monograph 19
- Dynamic Modeling of Urban Water Systems - Monograph 18
- Conceptual Modeling of Urban Water Systems - Monograph 17
- More Books...
- University Grant Program
- Journal of Water Management Modeling
- Software Solutions
- Low Impact Development (LID) Analysis
- Integrated 1D-2D Modeling
- Dual Drainage Design (major/minor)
- Detention Pond Design
- Stormwater and Sanitary Sewer Remediation
- Global Optimal Real Time Control Optimization
- Real Time Data Acquisition & Modeling
- Raingage Calibrated Radar Rainfall
- Floodplain Analysis
- Integrated Catchment/Watershed Modeling
- Water Quality Modeling (TMDL)
- Consulting Solutions
- Model Review Services
- Training and eLearning
- In-house Training
- Engineering Consulting
- Contact Us
- EVALUATION CENTER
- Download a Free Trial
30-day trial software with step-by-step tutorial and hands on exercises.
- Create a Quote
Retrieve a complete quote instantly, no delay or call back required.
- Book a Free Webinar
Live web sessions and software demonstrations hosted by professional engineers.
- Ask an Engineer
Email our helpful engineering staff to find out about the application of PCSWMM in your project.
- Download a Free Trial
Spatial decision support for EPA SWMM5 stormwater, wastewater and watershed modeling
PCSWMM's powerful GIS engine works seamlessly with the latest GIS data formats, and provides intelligent tools for streamlining model development, optimization and analysis in a comprehensive range of applications.
With full support for the US EPA SWMM5 hydrology & hydraulics engine, PCSWMM provides a scalable and complete package for 1D & 2D analysis, at an affordable price.
Incredibly easy to use and extremely comprehensive, our customers love both the software and our first-class support.
"...thanks for the greatest user interface of all time. PCSWMM is an absolute dream to use and we sing its praises at our office every day..." - Seattle, WA5000+ users trust us with their modeling
Unrestricted, comprehensive modeling
PCSWMM imposes no limits on modeling. All versions of PCSWMM include optimized support for models of 100,000+ nodes, as well as comprehensive river modeling tools, real-time control analysis, time series management, DEM support, native GIS support (no third party software required), automated reporting, free model viewer (EPA SWMM5) and Google Earth visualization
"...I am very impressed with the array of tools available in PCSWMM, and I believe it is clearly the best value of any of the major software vendors..." - Wakefield, MA
Integrating the full US EPA SWMM5 engine, PCSWMM accounts for various hydrologic processes that produce runoff from rural and urban areas. These include:
- time-varying rainfall
- evaporation of standing surface water
- snow accumulation and melting
- rainfall interception from depression storage
- infiltration of rainfall into unsaturated soil layers
- percolation of infiltrated water into groundwater layers
- interflow between groundwater and the drainage system
- nonlinear reservoir routing of overland flow
- retention and infiltration through Low Impact Development / Green Infrastructure devices
Spatial variability in all of these processes is achieved by dividing a study area into a collection of smaller, homogeneous subcatchment areas, each containing its own fraction of pervious and impervious sub-areas. Overland flow can be routed between sub-areas, between subcatchments, or between entry points of a drainage system.
PCSWMM also contains a flexible set of hydraulic modeling capabilities used to route runoff, groundwater, RDII, DWF, and/or external inflows through the drainage system network of natural channels, pipes, storage/treatment units, diversion structures and overland 2D meshes. These include the ability to:
- handle networks of unlimited size
- use a wide variety of standard closed and open conduit shapes as well as natural channels
- model special elements such as culverts, storage/treatment units, flow dividers, pumps, weirs, and orifices
- apply external flows and water quality inputs from surface runoff, groundwater interflow, rainfall-dependent infiltration/inflow (RDII), dry weather sanitary flow (DWF), and user-defined inflows
- utilize steady state, kinematic wave or full dynamic wave flow routing methods
- model various flow regimes, such as backwater, surcharging, reverse flow, surface ponding, and 2 dimensional flood routing
- apply priority-based, dynamic control rules to simulate the operation of real time controls.
Water quality modeling
In addition to modeling the generation and transport of runoff flows, PCSWMM can also estimate the production of pollutant loads associated with this runoff. The following processes can be modeled for any number of user-defined water quality constituents:
- dry-weather pollutant buildup over different land uses
- pollutant washoff from specific land uses during storm events
- direct contribution of rainfall deposition
- reduction in dry-weather buildup due to street cleaning
- reduction in washoff load due to BMPs
- entry of dry weather sanitary flows and user-specified external inflows at any point in the drainage system
- routing of water quality constituents through the drainage system
- reduction in constituent concentration through treatment in storage units or by natural processes in pipes and channels.
"...I just wanted to say thank you for having THE BEST customer service of any professional company that I've ever dealt with..." - Columbus, OH