- List of CHI Books
- User's Guide to SWMM5
- Rules for Responsible Modeling
- Pragmatic Modeling of Urban Water Systems - Monograph 21
- On Modeling Urban Water Systems - Monograph 20
- Cognitive Modeling of Urban Water Systems - Monograph 19
- Dynamic Modeling of Urban Water Systems - Monograph 18
- Conceptual Modeling of Urban Water Systems - Monograph 17
- More Books...
- University Grant Program
- Journal of Water Management Modeling
- Software Solutions
- Low Impact Development (LID) Analysis
- Integrated 1D-2D Modeling
- Dual Drainage Design (major/minor)
- Detention Pond Design
- Stormwater and Sanitary Sewer Remediation
- Global Optimal Real Time Control Optimization
- Real Time Data Acquisition & Modeling
- Raingage Calibrated Radar Rainfall
- Floodplain Analysis
- Integrated Catchment/Watershed Modeling
- Water Quality Modeling (TMDL)
- Consulting Solutions
- Model Review Services
- Training and eLearning
- In-house Training
- Engineering Consulting
- Contact Us
48th International Conference on Water Management Modeling
Wednesday, February 25th and Thursday, February 26th, 2015
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Please join us for an informal gathering of new and old friends in the stormwater community. For professionals and researchers from across North America and overseas, the annual International Conference on Water Management Modeling is a forum to exchange ideas on, and experience with, current practices and emerging technologies.
Effectively the 48th SWMM Users Group Meeting, the 24th in the current series of annual Toronto conferences, and the 35th to be held in Canada, the current title reflects a slightly broader interest, including watershed and water supply systems modeling.
Presentations are of a high standard and, by accepting papers up to the last few weeks before the event, the atmosphere is relaxed and a spontaneity is achieved which gives the conference special character. Attending this conference will allow you to earn up to 1.5 CEUs.
Inherently multi-disciplinary, the conference is designed for all who have a direct stake in stormwater management, non-point source pollution or the modeling of urban water systems.
Attendees include: civil and environmental engineers; landscape engineers and architects; aquatic biologists, ecologists, fluvial geomorphologists and other scientists; urban geographers, and policy makers; professionals from municipal and government engineering; public works personnel; consultants; and instructors and researchers at universities and research institutes.
Emphasis is on state-of-the-art computer modeling for resolving water quantity and quality problems in stormwater, wastewater, watershed and water distribution systems:
- Green infrastructure, LIDs, SUDs, wetlands, and agricultural BMPs
- Climate change and system security
- 1D-2D and integrated groundwater modeling
- Urban drainage system design, analysis and management
- Flood forecasting and decision analysis systems
- Modeling urban and agricultural impacts on aquatic systems and habitats
- Pollution management modeling, including TMDLs
- Field data monitoring and emerging instrumentation
- Calibration, optimization and error analysis (genetic algorithms and neural networks)
- Numerical and statistical methods
- CAD, GIS and integrating asset management systems
- Policy, legislation, funding, permitting and enforcement
Location for 2015 Conference
The Marriott Courtyard Toronto Brampton is just minutes from Pearson International Airport in Toronto, Ontario. The Courtyard Marriott will have a number of room blocked for this event but please reserve your room early, once the registration process comes online in late Fall 2014. Please see our Attendee Information for booking information.
Format and program
Sessions will start each morning at 8:30 a.m., following continental breakfast at 8:00 a.m., and continue, with lunch buffet and refreshment breaks, until 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday and until the final wrap-up on Thursday afternoon. We will be holding a reception cocktail hour, Tuesday February 24th, 2015 at 6:30pm. We welcome you to this informal gathering of new and old friends in the stormwater community. We will also be holding a complimentary dinner on, Wednesday February 25th, 2015 at 6:30pm, please check off on your registration if you wish to attend.
We would also like to inform you of our 2-day PCSWMM/SWMM workshop will be held on Monday, February 23, 2015 and Tuesday, February 24, 2015 at the same venue, and leading up to the conference itself. For further information please click here.
Fees for the Conference
The basic fee for the two day conference is C$495+ applicable taxes. Full-time student fees are C$247.00 + applicable taxes. 10% Early-bird discount applies if you register before December 24, 2014. These fees include continental breakfast, reception lunch both days, coffee, beverages and break time snacks.
For further information and late registration
Contact the office: tel: (519) 767-0197 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- ACTION CENTER
- Register for the Conference
Talk to a CHI staff member today to discuss details about the conference.
Call us toll free (888) 972-7966