- List of CHI Books
- User's Guide to SWMM5
- Rules for Responsible Modeling
- Pragmatic Modeling of Urban Water Systems - Monograph 21
- On Modeling Urban Water Systems - Monograph 20
- Cognitive Modeling of Urban Water Systems - Monograph 19
- Dynamic Modeling of Urban Water Systems - Monograph 18
- Conceptual Modeling of Urban Water Systems - Monograph 17
- More Books...
- University Grant Program
- Journal of Water Management Modeling
- Software Solutions
- Low Impact Development (LID) Analysis
- Integrated 1D-2D Modeling
- Dual Drainage Design (major/minor)
- Detention Pond Design
- Stormwater and Sanitary Sewer Remediation
- Global Optimal Real Time Control Optimization
- Real Time Data Acquisition & Modeling
- Raingage Calibrated Radar Rainfall
- Floodplain Analysis
- Integrated Catchment/Watershed Modeling
- Water Quality Modeling (TMDL)
- Consulting Solutions
- Model Review Services
- Training and eLearning
- In-house Training
- Engineering Consulting
- Contact Us
Wednesday, February 25th and Thursday, February 26th, 2015
- ASCE Urban Water Resources Research Council
- Ontario Ministry of Environment and Energy
- American Water Resources Association
- US Environmental Protection Agency
- Conservation Ontario
- Canadian Society of Civil Engineers
Keynote Speaker List:
The annual International Conference on Water Management Modeling is a forum for professionals from across North America and overseas to exchange ideas and experience on current practices and emerging technologies. This forum is for engineers, scientists, modelers and administrators involved in water pollution control and water systems design and analysis. Topics include hydrology, hydraulics, water quality and receiving waters, from precipitation processes, runoff, pollutant build-up, washoff, surcharging pipe networks, and water distribution systems, to pollutant removal and impacts on aquatic ecosystems.
This is the 48th SWMM Users Group Meeting, the 24th in the current series of annual Toronto conferences, and the 35th to be held in Canada. The current title reflects a slightly broader interest, including water distribution systems. The atmosphere is relaxed. Presentations are of a high standard. And, by accepting papers up to the last few weeks before the event, a spontaneity is achieved which gives this conference special character.
Location for 2015 Conference
The Marriott Courtyard Toronto Brampton is just minutes from Pearson International Airport in Toronto, Ontario. It has complimentary on-site parking, complimentary Internet access throughout the hotel, easy freeway access and a short cab ride from the airport.
The Courtyard Marriott will have a number of room blocked for this event but please reserve your room early, once the registration process comes online in late Fall 2014. Please see below under "Accommodations" for booking information.
Who should attend?
The conference is multi-disciplinary and is designed for all who have a direct stake in stormwater management, non-point source pollution or the modeling of urban water systems. Attendees include: civil and environmental engineers; landscape engineers and architects; aquatic biologists, ecologists, fluvial geomorphologists and other scientists; urban geographers, and policy makers; professionals from municipal and government engineering; public works personnel; consultants; and instructors and researchers at universities and research institutes.
Emphasis is on:
- using state-of-the-art computer models to resolve real pollution problems and for eco-restoration
- surface water quality modeling
- modeling impacts on aquatic systems and habitats
- stormwater and pollution management modeling
- urban water systems modeling
- urban drainage system design and analysis
- wetlands and BMPs and LIDs
- field data monitoring and emerging instrumentation
- geographic information systems
- decision analysis systems
- facilities management systems
- computer aided design
- policy, legislation, permitting and enforcement
Format and program
Sessions will start each morning at 8:30 a.m., following continental breakfast at 8:00 a.m., and continue, with lunch buffet and refreshment breaks, until 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday and until the final wrap-up on Thursday afternoon.
The conference will be held in the Marriott Courtyard Toronto Brampton, just minutes from Pearson International Airport, at Toronto, Ontario. It has complimentary on-site parking,complimentary Internet access throughout the hotel, easy freeway access and short cab ride from the airport.
Driving Directions to the Conference:
To get driving directions from any destination, please use the Marriott Courtyard Brampton Driving Directions page.
Check out the local weather forecast before you leave.
The Courtyard Marriott has a number of rooms blocked for this event but please reserve your room early. The Marriott has complimentary on-site parking, complimentary Internet access throughout the hotel, easy freeway access and a short cab ride from the airport.
To book a room at the Courtyard Marriott, the special rate is $121 per night for a Single or Double room. For a Queen or King bed room, please call the hotel directly and reference the Group Name "CHI". To make reservations by phone, call 1-800-228-9290 in the USA and Canada and pressing 0 for the hotel operator. For international reservations, please visit Marriott Courtyard worldwide reservation telephone numbers to find a toll free number from your country.
You can also book a room online at the CHI Stormwater Reservation page.
Fees for the Conference
The basic fee for the two day conference is C$495+ applicable taxes. Full-time student fees are C$247.00 + applicable taxes. 10% Early-bird discount applies if you register before November 28, 2014. These fees include continental breakfast, reception lunch both days, coffee, beverages and break time snacks.
Cancellations prior to 14 calendar days before the conference will be refunded in full. Cancellations received within 14 days but prior to 7 calendar days before the conference will forfeit 50% of the registration fee. Cancellations received less than 7 days before the conference will not be refunded, however registrants will be eligible for a 50% credit towards any future conference or workshop.
CHI retains the right to cancel the conference. If the conference is cancelled registrants will receive a full refund of the registration fee. CHI will not be liable for any other expenses occurred by the registrant. CHI has never cancelled a conference.
For further information and late registration
Contact the office: tel: (519) 767-0197 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- ACTION CENTER
- Register for the Conference
Talk to a CHI staff member today to discuss details about the conference.
Call us toll free (888) 972-7966